1.14.2008

It's True: I Am SuperLame

I obviously didn't get this week's Sunday Comics post up. Lame, I know, but I decided instead to spend a good portion of yesterday watching season 2 of Alias bundled up under a quilt on my couch. So it didn't happen. It's called priorities, people.

Anyway, so not only did I totally flake on Sunday, but I'm totally phoning it in today as well. So, without further ado, a track from this week's AOK! - Devo doing "Smart Patrol/Mr. DNA" from their Duty Now For the Future album. Which rocks. Mercilessly. This is what happens when a bunch of weirdo nerds from the Midwest decide to rock - pure gloriousness.

"Afraid nobody around here/Comprehends my potato/Guess I'm just a spudboy/Looking for that real tomato."

Truer words have ne'er been spoken. See you tomorrow, Internets.

PS: As long as I'm talking about weird music, I finally heard the much-lauded Captain Beefheart's & the Magic Band's Trout Mask Replica album and, well, wow, that's some pretty "out there" stuff. I'm not exactly sure how to feel about it, but it sort of scares me. And maybe not in a good way.

Just thought I'd share.

No comments: