2.15.2006

Recent Acquisitions

I've acquired a lot of CDs lately. I got a lot from Huston before I left (thanks, brother):
Animal Collective Feels
Apollo Sunshine Apollo Sunshine
Appleseed Cast Low Level Owl, v.2 and Two Conversations
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
The Fiery Furnaces Blueberry Boat
Hawaii Hawaii
Josh Ritter The Golden Age of Radio
Red House Painters Songs For A Blue Guitar
Sufjan Stevens Come On Feel the Illinoise!
Ben GIbbard and Andrew Kenny Home, v.5
Seriously, a lot of interesting stuff here that I'm still working through. I really need to send him a big box of stuff, but just need to find time somewhere to do it.

Also got some comps from V2 when we visited:
Brendan Benson the Alternative to Love
the Greenhornes Sewed Soles
Josh Ritter the Animal Years
Various Luaka Bop Remix
Talked with their art director, David Calderly there. Super cool guy.

I went birthday shopping in the Village and picked up:
Belle and Sebastian the Life Pursuit
Frank Black Teenager Of the Year
the Cloud Room the Cloud Room
Robert Pollard Fiction Man and From A Compound Eye
Like I said, I'm all up on Bob Pollard right now.

Finally, when I got home, Candace and Sadie had a birthday present for me:
We Are Scientists With Love and Squalor
Not a bad haul, if I do say so myself. If there's anything better than new CDs, I don't know what it is.

No comments: