12.04.2006

Teh Sadness

First off, I am woud so tight I'm afraid I'll sneeze and my head will fly off into some lady's lap and she starts screaming and it's terrible and funny at the same time. I'm trying to get a ton of stuff done at once and it's taking its toll. I'm tired and stressed and want this semester over like yesterday.

I'm being a baby, I know, but I am stressed so please bear with me for the next... 16 or so days. I promise I'll be a lot more fun in a bit.

Anyway, so I did my last Comic Frenzy poster ever. I wept one single tear as I finished it. I'm a little disappointed because I had a really brilliant idea that just couldn't make work in the little time I left myself to finish it (I'd forgotten about it until I was trying to go to sleep last night, which left this morning to whip it up... maybe it'll see the light of day as a future Christmas card?). Still, the poster's good and manages to convey the pathos I sort of subconsciously associate with department store Santas, and since comedy is tragedy plus time... I figured why not exploit my childhood terrors for money? Anyway, here it is:

And that's my final Comic Frenzy poster. Have I mentioned how much fun they've been to work on this semester? When I approached Shon to try doing some a couple semesters back, I told him I'd do them for free, and I was pretty serious (but I still expect to be paid, Feller!). It's been a great experience and I have some great pieces for my portfolio which I need to print and get up on the interweb and I don't know if I'm going to sleep tonight.

[breathe]

Anyway, keep checking back for updates on the status of dylantodd.com, as I'd like it up within the next week or so.

Anyway. L8rz, sk8rz.

2 comments:

bryanorion said...

That font that 'comic' is in...I want it!

Dylan Todd said...

It's called Ringmaster and you can get it free at dafont. Here's the link http://www.dafont.com/search.php?q=ringmaster