5.07.2009

Interventional

Hi. It's me. We need to talk.

You should probably sit down. There. Okay. No, don't say anything. Please. I just have to get this off my chest. Just let me say what I have to say. Please.

This is, well, this is difficult to say, so I'll just say it: I am going to pimp the heck out of the new Dangermouse and Sparklehorse album, Dark Night of the Soul.


I know, I know, I haven't pimped something on the blog in a long time. In fact, I haven't done much of anything but interviews and playlists in a long time, but I feel I'd be doing myself, you and the Internets a disservice if I didn't pimp the ever-loving bejeepers out of it. In a year of already exciting releases (new Super Furry Animals, Franz Ferdinand, Art Brut, Neko Case, Jason Lytle, Bob Dylan, Decemberists, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Phoenix, A.C. Newman, etc.etc.), this one has filled me with a zeal that frankly has scared even myself.

For starters, it's Mark Linkous (aka Sparklehorse) and Brian Burton (aka Danger Mouse) collaborating on music to be accompanied by visuals from confirmed headcase and possible visionary David Lynch. Which is like saying that Awesome and Radical teamed up to make music for Bizarre. And if that isn't enough, check out the list of guest vocalists: Wayne Coyne, Gruff Rhys, Jason Lytle, Julian Casablancas of the Strokes, Black Francis, Iggy Pop, James Mercer of the Shins, Nina Persson of the Cardigans and Vic "There Is None Sadder" Chesnutt.

Whew.

See. SEE! Seriously, if you're not excited by now, then I really don't know how else to help you. The Man has obviously gotten to you. Your very soul has been compromised. Here's the official website. I've heard rumors that you can stream the album somewhere, but as of right now, I can't seem to find anywhere that will allow such a thing. It may also be leaked on the Internets. Who knows. In fact, I have no idea when this album will actually be out besides "Summer 2009." I know very little beyond the fact that this is pure, unadulterated and concentrated awesome and you need to be apprised of its impending existence.

I do know this: I'm excited. Very excited.

3 comments:

Jason Quinones said...

sounds cool! i'll keep an eye out for it. not sure if you knew but i was finally able to download that danger mouse/beatles mixtape from my home computer. thanks again for the linkage.

and also, i FINALLY downloaded your "it came from the garage" mixtape. IT'S AWESOME!

- said...

If this doesn't work, let me know.

Dylan Todd said...

Ben, I'm not saying I've heard it, but I bet it's really awesome. Like, *very* awesome. And if I did, say, listen to it twice in one day, would that be weird?