2.18.2010

All Gussied Up

A couple of weeks back, the indefatigable Rob Harrigan of Undercard Productions took a break from being awesome to invite me to be a contributor to his new weekly hand-lettering challenge blog, Best Mark My Words. I still can't believe he invited me to participate.

So yeah, every week we're given a word and have to hand-letter said word. The first rule of BMMW is that your word is hand-drawn. Other than that, it's pretty much open. Our first word was "gussy." Here's my entry:



To see the others for last week, go here. As you can see, it's a pretty fun thing and you'd have to be a fool not to add it to your reader. A fool, I say.

Like I said, this is all Rob. Go stop by (and follow) his blog; you won't regret it. And if you're in the market for some seriously great illustration, his wife, Stephanie Buscema, has a website and blog and a rocking Etsy shop.

Anyway, I'm out. I think there's a Curling match on tonight or something. I'm totally ga-ga for that sport right now.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I just jumped over from Sparkle Power!, and your blog is great! Congrats on the job, and rockin' with your girls. I love your take on "Gussy." The irony of nasty toilet seat was not lost on me. I also love how the lipstick used for your beautiful lettering matches perfectly!