8.27.2006

20 Answers

20. Do you ever want to do something great, but just can't get yourself to start it?
Yes. All the time.

19. Why do you think that is?
Fear of imperfection? Allowing an Adversary to stop me from using my talents to create? I get tired?


18. If you could have any power beyond that of mortal men, what would it be? Just one, folks.

Super speed. I have no clue why, but I think that would be the coolest to just run really fast.

17. What is wrong with crying now and then?
Nothing at all.

16. What's your favorite book and/or movie?
Geez, that's a tough one. Favorite book is probably Catcher In the Rye but I don't know. Favorite movie is, today at least, Rushmore.

15. Why?
Because both spoke to some core of my being that made me laugh and ache and, hopefully, understand myself a bit better.

14. What's your favorite planet or constellation?
Mars. I'm still holding out for us finding Martians there, big red, hulking beasts with four arms and rocky red skin. How rad would that be?

13. Would you rather be thin or famous?
Neither.

12. What place makes you feel secure?
My lady's arms. Yeah, it's cheesy, but it's true. Deal with it.

11. What's your favorite thing to eat?
Boogers. And licorice.*

10. Who do you know personally that you admire?
I admire my favorite instructor, Scott Franson. He's a funny guy who gives good, helpful, honest critiques. He also wrote and illustrated a children's picture book in his spare time. He said something once that will stick with me forever: "Don't sell your dreams." He's cool.

9. Why do spammers have such cool names?
I have no idea, but I', going to have to start stealing them for future writing projects. There was one to day that I loved, "Hilaria Ficklin." How awesome is that?

8. What song makes you smile?
Off the top of my head, "Thunderbird," by They Might Be Giants.

7. Why hate anything but vegetables?
Fear? Ignorance? Self-loathing?

6. Do you think that maybe sometimes you act like the person people expect you to act like rather than the person you want to be?
Yes. And I'm still trying to figure out if that's a bad thing.

5. How come you can never get enough sleep?
Because the universe hates you. Next question.

4. What color makes you want to skip? As in like, walking and jumping at the same time. That kind of skipping.
Orange.

3. When was the last time you had a milkshake?
It's been a while.

2. Don't you want one now?
Yes. Yes I do.

1. Who would win in a fistfight: the Incredible Hulk or Mister Rogers?
I've thought long and hard about this one. Seriously. Last night at work. After much consideration, I've got Rogers on this one. See the Hulk is only strong when he's angry, otherwise he's puny old Bruce Banner. So once Hulk starts smashing stuff, Mister Rogers just starts talking to him, really soft and nice. Next thing you know, the Hulk starts to calm down and change back to Banner. Once the transformation is complete and Banner is laying there, passed out, Rogers finishes him off, execution-style. Cuz that's how they roll in the Land of Make-Believe. Represent, fool.


*Just kidding about the licorice.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Dylan, I freaking love your blog (and I never say freaking). I just watched Rushmore on tv last week - it's a good one. Have you ever seen The Royal Tenenbaums? You have to see it, it's wicked good.