11.02.2006

Hello, November

Man, it is already freezing here in Rexburg. What the heck?

We had a fun Halloween, went to see a couple people and ended up at home watching THEM!, a B-movie about gigantic nuclear mutated ants that I've been wanting to watch since I read about it in Premiere magazine years ago. It was pretty good, actually, considering what it was. I made a couple of books while we watched it and Candace, as is her habit lately, fell asleep around 10:00 and went to bed while I finished watching it. Poor girl, she's so exhausted lately. I know it isn't easy for her, this pregnancy thing, but I'm glad she's willing to do it for our family. She's such a great wife and friend and mother. I know it's the way things are, but I still wish it were easier on her getting them here, though.

I really can't believe it's November and I'll be graduating in about seven weeks. It's exciting and frightening. And tiring. Really tiring. I'm trying desperately to keep motivated, as I had effectively checked out of school earlier this semester, but I'm getting better at staying on top of things.

I'm going to have to start getting stuff done to get a job: resume', reprinting portfolio, posting online portfolio, e-mailing potential employers. I've been dragging my feet on all of this, but just need to start. I don't know why I'm so reticent to start; I know it will be fun once I get started. It's just a matter of getting started, I guess.

Anyway, it's November. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go put on 13 coats and hope my boogers don't flash-freeze to my nose-hairs when I go outside today. Cheers!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Hey man (ah leave me alone),

This is a really cool point in your life. Some people are going to love your work, but not have any positions open. Some people are going to call your work crap right to your face. Most people won't return your calls. But there's going to be that one great place where you're meant to be, and you'll land there on both feet. I'm really excited to see where you end up. Aside from Candace and maybe your parents, I'm your biggest fan, and I really think you're going to make it big.

Now get to work!