7.20.2006

Putting the "Smart," In "Smart Playlist."

Okay, so I love iTunes' "Smart Playlist" feature. It's amazing that I can just type in a few parameters and, milliseconds later, - BAM! - a pretty rad pseudo-mixtape. I mean, look at this genius one it just spit out:


Title - Artist - Album
Tomorrow Tomorrow - Elliott Smith - XO
One Too Many Mornings - Bob Dylan - The Bootleg Series, Vol. 4: Live 1966, The Royal Albert Hall Concert
Tommy Gun - The Clash - Give 'Em Enough Rope
Sloppy (I Saw My Baby Gettin') - Devo - Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!
Clark Gable - The Postal Service - Give Up
Empty Baseball Park - Whiskeytown - Faithless Street
Divine Hammer - The Breeders - Last Splash
America - Simon & Garfunkel - Bookends
Fertile Crescent - Bad Religion - Generator
The Great Intoxication - David Byrne - Look Into The Eyeball
Holland, 1945 - Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
Stewball - Woody Guthrie - This Land Is Your Land
Barnyard - Brian Wilson - Smile
Cut Out Witch - Guided By Voices - Under The Bushes Under The Stars
Let's Play Clowns - Minus The Bear - They Make Beer Commercials Like This
Acrobat - U2 - Achtung Baby
Two Thousand Places - The Polyphonic Spree - Together We're Heavy
Elevate Me Later - Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
Sweet Little Rock & Roller - Chuck Berry - The Great Twenty-Eight
Allison Krausse - The Stills - Logic Will Break Your Heart
Transcendental Blues - Steve Earle - Transcendental Blues
Untitled - R.E.M. - Green
Ruby Sees All - Cake - Motorcade Of Generosity
Sad & Beautiful World - Sparklehorse - Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot
Starfield Road - Sonic Youth - Experimental Jet Set, Trash And No Star

Anyway, so there's that. It's not always foolproof. It'll sometimes repeat artists within a playlist, but with a little tweaking, it can spit out a pretty dang good mix. We're finally getting around to watching The New World tonight. Looks good.

Watched Million Dollar Baby the other night and man, was that movie depressing or what? Also, is it just me or is Clint Eastwood looking a lot like Skeletor these days? You Make the Call!

Or maybe Marv, from Frank Miller's Sin City? You Decide!

2 comments:

Candace said...

I think he looks most like Skeletor.

Anonymous said...

When I was young I had this great idea. I was going to draw yellow lightning bolts on paper, cut them out, hang them from my bedroom ceiling, set up Castle Greyskull, and basically turn my room into a miniature Eternia. But I got sidetracked by the 1984 Olympics diving competition.