So, I'm really trying to not be all "So, I haven't posted in a week," and then explain why in tedious detail. You don't care about all that, right? You just want to be entertained. You just need something to pop up on your internets that will make your day a little brighter. You just want the monkey to dance. "Dance, monkey! DANCE!" you cry from the audience, your voices shrill and raspy, your breath tasting of aluminum and defeat.
And I dance. Oh, how I dance. I shred the spotlight like wet crepe paper, my dervish all a'whirl and my lucidity fading as I break on through like Jim Morrison or Grant Morrison or Toni Morrison or Morris the Cat from those 9 Lives commercials. I dance in a trance in my corduroy pants to music that makes no sense and in any case, it's not audible. Not to earth-people, at least. We have crossed the threshold between reality, fantasy and New Jersey. Where we're going we don't need roads. Only blog posts. Posts of sturdy bloggage with which we will build the log cabin of dreams in the territory of fantasy in the township of unreality, off the coast of make-believe where imaginary dolphins play.
So yeah, let's do this thing. Let's blog. Let us get our blog on like the star-crossed mamma-jammas we are and always will be, forever and ever. Let's get our blog on:
* We watched Fishing With John over the last couple of nights. It's brilliant. You can read about it here and you can catch most, if not all, of the episodes on the YouTubes. I highly recommend the Tom Waits and Willem Dafoe episodes. Also, I am now John Lurie's (the John of the title) Facebook friend. So basically, I'm more famous that you.
* My new goal in life is to find this book and feast up on it's secret knowledge. Judging just by the cover, I can safely say that that could be the raddest book ever written.
* I'm reading Volume 2 of the Jack Kirby Fourth World Omnibus collections, and I will continue to tout the genius of Jack Kirby. Seriously,there is some mind-bendingly radical stuff in those pages.
* The new Franz Ferdinand and M. Ward albums are pretty excellent.
* Did you download Dave's mix yet? No? Why not? You really should. Also, why didn't you make a mix last month? I, like David Bowie, am very disappointed in you.
* Make sure to watch out for chimpanzees. Seriously, this is terrifying.
* I've been listening to a lot of This American Life while I'm work-work-workin' and I must say, that is a fine radio program. Although I must confess that am now 82% whiter than I was before I started on my rigorous TAL regiment. So be careful.
* I'm also back on the All Songs Considered podcast and have been sampling the Sound Opinions podcast as well. Again, it will make you significantly whiter, but you're risk-takers. I can see it in your eyes.
* Let's see, what else? Oh yeah, I read some good books: John Hodgman's The Areas Of My Expertise and Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers. I also picked up a collection of H.P. Lovecraft's stories, but have been too scared to crack it's spine. It's hard to unwind while reading tales of cosmic horror, y'know?
* Lost is kicking some major butt, innit? I'm super stoked for tonight's episode, where Ben and Jack have to team up with Magnum, P.I. to help break Matlock out of prison after he was falsely accused of murdering one of the Golden Girls (the sexy one) by Jessica Fletcher and the Simon with a mustache from Simon & Simon. It's totally gonna rule.
Aaaand that's it for now. Leave yr love in the comments.