5.19.2008

The Thumbless Wonder

I cut off the side of one of my thumbs with a nice, sharp Xacto knife at work this morning (as a graphic designer, it's sort of inevitable that this happen at least once in your career. It's sort of like a sacrifice to the design gods or something, those bloodthirsty creatures.) and had to go to the emergency room. Yay! It's not horrible, but it wasn't a little nick, either. So yeah, not the best Monday ever.

Anyway, here's what my thumb looks like now:

Pretty ridiculous, right? I look like a freaking Looney Tunes character or something. Anyway, I'm going to bed. "That's all folks!"

8 comments:

Caitlin said...

I can't believe that's real! Russ and I are cracking up! Not because you're hurt - that part sucks.

chanel said...

Aww, poor Dylan. That picture is pretty dang funny though- I thought it was Sadie's fingers at first- they look so small compared to the bandaged thumb.

You're a REAL Graphic Designer now, congratualtions!

Patti said...

OH! I'm so sorry. There are a LOT of nerve endings in fingers, so I'm sure that really hurts.

Feel better...

Amber said...

What?? Did you have to have lots of stitches? I'm so sorry. Now you are going to get lots of questions from total strangers about what happened. Be prepared for the questions!!
Oh & one more question.....Can you still work?

Dylan Todd said...

Thanks for all your condolences. I'm feeling a lot better today.

Amber (and anyone else interested), I was cutting out some envelopes for a mock-up for a client and the Xacto (which I had just placed a new blade on) took a bad jump, trimming off the side tip of my thumb. There was nothing really to stitch, as it was a clean cut, leaving a little peanut of my thumb behind.

Thankfully, it was my left hand, so I'm at work today and chugging along. I'm just waaay tired and have this giant thumb on my left hand.

The worst part was having all the attention of my office on me. I felt totally retarded.

Anonymous said...

Dylan, Dont go out to the street with that thumb up... you just mught get picked up as a hitchhiker! Glad you are ok!

Michelle said...

I think you should go to a Hillary Clinton rally and put your hand in the air! Maybe you'll get on t.v.

Patti said...

I know what you mean about the office thing. So sorry. Feel better.