8.29.2007

What's So 'Fine' About Art?

Quick question: Do you think the other Great Lakes think that Lake Superior is conceited? Do you think that the non-Great Lakes think that the Great Lakes are conceited? Like they're some stuck-up clique of Lakes that roll their eyes whenever some Not-So-Great Lake tries to sit at their table at lunch?

Discuss below.

Also, totally unrelated, but I am no longer allowing anonymous posts. Sorry, but it seems that there's always somebody who has to poop in the pool and spoil the party. It's sad, really.

Also, this whole beard thing is heating up. It's been pretty close the whole time, with the "Yes" slightly edging out ahead. Imagine if it were something important we were voting for instead of whether or not I grow facial hair because I am too lazy to shave regularly. Something like, "Who has better legs, Dan Rather or Tom Brokaw." The suspense would be deadly, like unto a ninja.

Seriously though, back to the Lakes thing. What do you think? I have my theory, but I want to know what you think, Beloved Internets.

7 comments:

Ryan said...

I think Emerson and Palmer think Lake is highly conceited.

D-Love, bring on the hair. You look good all rugged and what not. Plus, you'll look like 15 years younger when you finally shave. It'll be as if you invented a time machine.

-Ryan

barlows said...

I think some of the other lakes are working through their own issues. Poor Lake Erie probably feels slighted because it's name sounds like it's a weirdo-lake. So, yeah, they probably get their wake all in a ripple over Superior.

- said...

Lake Superior is not to happy about his name. In a recent interview, he was quoted as saying, "I'm not too happy about my name. I wanted to be Lake Purple, but I was told it was either Lake Superior or Lake Pink, and nobody wants to be called Lake Pink."

The rest of the Reservoir Lakes were unavailable for comment.

Patti said...

If the non-Great Lakes know what Lake Erie looks like . . . they are not jealous.

Dylan Todd said...

Easy there, Patti. That's my lake you're talking about.

Dylan Todd said...

;)

Patti said...

DYLAN! I didn't know . . .

I think I need a geography lesson. Yep, I do. It wasn't Lake Erie I was talking about. It was Lake Huron.