3.13.2008

That Time Of the Month - March - Your Monthly Mix From the Big Red Robot

As winter continues to melt outside my window, I need something to pick me up a little. Something big and sunny. Something with girls singing every now and then, Wall Of Sound epicness, maybe some strings or horns, harmonies, handclaps and a touch of heartache to make the sweet all that much sweeter. Something to melt the snow and shine some light into that cold gray heart of yours.

Something like a love affair.

As previously mentioned, here's the tracklist:

1. "Tonight I Have To Leave It" - Shout Out Louds
2. "If I Don't Live Today, Then I Might Be Here Tomorrow" -
Mando Diao
3. "The Midnight Choir" - The Thrills
4. "Song For The Songs" - The Concretes
5. "Mushaboom" - Feist
6. "She Heightened Everything" - The Pernice Brothers
7. "Forever Lost" - The Magic Numbers
8. "The Pledge" - Brendan Benson
9. "Shirin" - Jens Lekman
10. "My Revolution" - Papas Fritas
11. "Fraud In The '80s" - Mates Of State
12. "A New Name For Everything" - The Weakerthans
13. "If Looks Could Kill" - Camera Obscura
14. "The Vanishing Spies" - Frank Black
15. "We're From Barcelona" - I'm From Barcelona
16. "Chartiers" - The Essex Green
17. "Suddenly Upsidedown" - Oranger
18. "I Was Made For You" - She & Him
19. "Don't Be Shallow" - Sondre Lerche
20. "Let The Wolves Howl At The Moon" - Super Furry Animals

And here's the cover:

loves

It all started with Jens Lekman's "Shirin", a pretty, sort of sad song about getting a haircut and sort of took off from there. It's pretty poppy, twee-ish stuff. Ben will probably not love it as much as It's All Fuss, but, well, I like it. It suits the season.

Download it here and tell me what you think.

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

This is my favorite mix so far. Once again, hats off to the Mixmaster.

Dylan Todd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dylan Todd said...

Aw shucks. Thanks. I'm just glad somebody downloaded it. Did anybody else? If so, what did you think? The suspense is killing me alive!

- said...

Dylan, I just put it on and Harper is dancing around to "Tonight I Have To Leave It". Now, my two year old has good taste in music (and I'm not being sarcastic) so that's a good start. We'll listen throughout the evening and I'll get back to you.

I'm wondering why you think I won't like it so much.. Is it because I don't like the B-52's? Are we still friends? Are we still family? Does it depend if I like the mix?

Best,
b3n <---I am teh interweb speak!