7.08.2007

You Have To Learn How To Die If You Want To Be Alive

We watched the Fountain last night. It has been sitting on our mantle for like, two weeks now, waiting for the right time to watch it.

Wow.

Just... wow.

It's gorgeous, touching and heady. The closest analogue I can think of is 2001: A Space Odyssey only a lot more personable. And intelligible. Life, death, love, conquistadors, bald astronauts and the tree of life. What more do you want from a movie? Really? See it. Now.

DO IT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you loved this one; I can't keep up with your tastes anymore. It used to be that if I loved something, you were certain to hate it. (And vice versa.) But I think we're agreeing more and more in our old age. Would love to read more ramblings on movies on the bigredrobot!

peace,

Chris

Dylan Todd said...

Chris,

Glad you enjoyed the post. I'd love to post more on movies but that would require me to actually watch them instead of just leaving them on my mantle for weeks.